Welcome

May you be happy, comfortable, and safe,
May your door be always open to friends,
May your kettle always be singing its welcome to you,
And to all whom you so dearly love.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because I always misplace my recipe cards, I started this blog so I will have an extra copy of the things my family and I enjoy fixing. The pictures are all "in my head", so I don't use the camera to make the posts look fancy. Besides, it is just faster to write the recipes because I tend to be rather impatient while photos slowly load!

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Haiku

Warm from the oven
So great tasting and yummy
Delicious then gone

by Jake Hefty, 9 years old, The Denver Post contest winner

♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫

Thursday, June 11, 2009

LEMON BREAD

1 c. sugar
6 T. shortening, about 1/3 cup +
2 eggs
1 T. lemon extract
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 t. lemon peel or peel of 1 lemon

GLAZE
3 T. lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar

Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs, extract, and milk. Mix until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon peel. Fold in gently. Pour into greased and floured pans. Bake 30-40 minutes until browned. Remove loaves from pans and place on a cookie sheet. Mix glaze in a small bowl and spoon mixture over the tops and sides. Bake 5-8 minutes more. This recipe makes 2 small loaf pans that are nice for gifts at Christmas time. The loaves freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment