Spritz Butter Cookies
Recipe found at Vino Luci
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons pure almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and the sugar. Beat with mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg; mix until combined.
- Add the and salt and mix on low, until just combined.
- Load the into your press according to directions.
- Press cookies out onto a baking pan, about 2 inches apart.
- Decorate with candy sprinkles or colored sugar if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.