Welcome

May you be happy, comfortable, and safe,
May your door be always open to friends,
May your kettle always be singing its welcome to you,
And to all whom you so dearly love.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because I always misplace my recipe cards, I started this blog so I will have an extra copy of the things my family and I enjoy fixing. The pictures are all "in my head", so I don't use the camera to make the posts look fancy. Besides, it is just faster to write the recipes because I tend to be rather impatient while photos slowly load!

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Haiku

Warm from the oven
So great tasting and yummy
Delicious then gone

by Jake Hefty, 9 years old, The Denver Post contest winner

♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫

Monday, October 19, 2009

Cream Cheese Mints

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon almond extract, or flavoring of your choice
Wilton food coloring
small amount of granulated (table) sugar

Mix first three ingredients. Add extract and coloring (try a small amount to begin) to complement the party/wedding colors. Mix well. Add more powdered sugar if necessary.

Roll into small balls and roll in the granulated sugar. Press into a rubber mold. Pop the candy mint out of the mold and let dry for two hours. Mints may be frozen. Thaw before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment