Welcome

May you be happy, comfortable, and safe,
May your door be always open to friends,
May your kettle always be singing its welcome to you,
And to all whom you so dearly love.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because I always misplace my recipe cards, I started this blog so I will have an extra copy of the things my family and I enjoy fixing. The pictures are all "in my head", so I don't use the camera to make the posts look fancy. Besides, it is just faster to write the recipes because I tend to be rather impatient while photos slowly load!

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Haiku

Warm from the oven
So great tasting and yummy
Delicious then gone

by Jake Hefty, 9 years old, The Denver Post contest winner

♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mijah Candy

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 T. water
1 T. white corn syrup (Karo)
1 cup chopped almonds plus extra for the topping

Hershey' chocolate candy bar, large size

Combine all ingredients and cook over high/medium high heat. Stir continuously, about 10 minutes or until the color of brown sugar. Pour into a buttered cake pan. Break the candy bar into pieces and place on top of candy. When melted, spread evenly over the top. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Cool and cut or break into pieces.

My mom used to make this at Christmas time and was so excited when I brought some to dinner this year. It's an easy recipe that doesn't require a thermometer.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for this recipe because I lost the one that was given to me. Thank you so much for posting it! I liked yours better because the one I had said "stir until golden brown"? What color is that? I never could get it to turn out right. Brown sugar color was perfect. The only problem I had was I wasn't sure what size cake pan to use? I used a 9 x 11 but it didn't spread out to the edges. Turned out great though, and everyone loved it. So easy to make too! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete