Welcome

May you be happy, comfortable, and safe,
May your door be always open to friends,
May your kettle always be singing its welcome to you,
And to all whom you so dearly love.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because I always misplace my recipe cards, I started this blog so I will have an extra copy of the things my family and I enjoy fixing. The pictures are all "in my head", so I don't use the camera to make the posts look fancy. Besides, it is just faster to write the recipes because I tend to be rather impatient while photos slowly load!

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Haiku

Warm from the oven
So great tasting and yummy
Delicious then gone

by Jake Hefty, 9 years old, The Denver Post contest winner

♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫

Monday, December 28, 2009

Lorie Line's Famous Corn Casserole

2 eggs
1 stick butter
4 T. sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 can cream corn
1 bag frozen corn *
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Mix together first four ingredients with mixer or blender. Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Pour into a slightly greased casserole dish. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or longer. (This depends on which Corning Ware dish I use). Top will be slightly browned.

*Lorie Line's recipe calls for 1 can whole corn drained, but I prefer frozen corn because there's not much corn in a can! And I never eat canned vegetables, anyway.

Very good for holiday dinners, and is also good reheated, so it could be made ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment