Welcome

May you be happy, comfortable, and safe,
May your door be always open to friends,
May your kettle always be singing its welcome to you,
And to all whom you so dearly love.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because I always misplace my recipe cards, I started this blog so I will have an extra copy of the things my family and I enjoy fixing. The pictures are all "in my head", so I don't use the camera to make the posts look fancy. Besides, it is just faster to write the recipes because I tend to be rather impatient while photos slowly load!

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Haiku

Warm from the oven
So great tasting and yummy
Delicious then gone

by Jake Hefty, 9 years old, The Denver Post contest winner

♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥♫ ♥ ♫ ♥♫

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Butterballs

4 cups bread crumbs
1 1/4 cubes butter
4 eggs
pinch of salt
1/2 cups sweet cream
1/8 teaspoon allspice

Melt butter and pour over bread crumbs; mix. Beat eggs, salt and allspice with fork. Add to the first mixture. Add cream and mix until it holds together. If dough doesn't hold together, add a few drops of milk. Form into walnut-sized balls. Drop into boiling chicken broth when you add the homemade noodles for Chicken Noodle Soup with Butterballs.

From the Heavenly Delights, Wiggins Community Church Cookbook 1993. Recipe by Mary Bernhardt

"Grandma" Mary is 99 this year! As a charter member of the church (1949), she has had perfect attendance at Sunday School and church for more years than we can count!! She always gives me a kiss and a hug and reminds me so much of my own grandma.

4 comments:

  1. one of the MOST delicious things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! OMG, those Butterballs look amazing. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do they sell these anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since these are very special, I think you'd only find them at German church bazaars/bake sales. Our church sells them in the Fall during the home made noodle sale. The older ladies used to make them by the dozens to sell, but only one of the younger ladies (75ish) made them this past year. They are very easy to do and I half the recipe most of the time. Hope you'll try them! ♥♫

    ReplyDelete